Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Trilly
- Rhymes: -ɪli
- Having a trill sound.
- 1914, Sewell Ford, Wilt thou Torchy:
- She was a sweet young thing with cheek dimples and a trilly laugh...
- 1984, Donald J. Borror, Songs of Western Birds:
- This bird has a number of calls, but the most common is a loud chuck (Example 3). Immature birds utter a trilly note (Example 4), which is a common marsh sound in mid-summer.
- 2009, Bob Mitchell, Once Upon a Fastball:
- He adores his bedtime baseball stories, even at his ripe old age. “It's called 'The Curse.' Wooooooooo!” Sol sings scarily in a trilly, ghostlike, gradually descending soprano.
- 31 March 2011, Mallika Rao at RollingStone.com, American Idol Recap: Stuck In the Middle
- Paul McDonald, whose "Rocket Man" was wispy and unmemorable; Stefano Langone, still with the weird enunciations and trilly voice...