Jump to navigation Jump to search
From an Internet Relay Chat program, mIRC, which included a /slap option that caused a message to appear that "<person A> slaps <person B> around a bit with a large trout".
- (Internet slang) To strongly or humorously rebuke or humiliate.
- 1999 July 20, Jooooooky Joooky Junk, “Summer Of Sean”, in alt.tv.x-files, Usenet:
- It might give it more weight when he would like to a) trout slap himself, b) trout slap any other living breathing creature deserving to be trout-slapped.
- 2002 May 21, DeannaD, “got your dawn bucks ready??? PT GLori”, in alt.collecting.topper-dawn, Usenet:
- Anyone have a page with Dawn Newsgroup etiquette? Maybe it's time to start one so the rest of us don't get trout slapped for not knowing something that was discussed years ago.
- 2005, Moana Evans, Harvey Mudd College College Prowler Off the Record, →ISBN, page 132:
- There's no grade inflation — your GPA will be trout slapped until it hides under the table at a respectable 2.7.
- (Internet slang) An act of trout slapping.
- 1998 November 14, devi...@mindspring.com, “OBSSEers”, in alt.tv.x-files, Usenet:
- She has done nothing yet to show that she deserves a trout slap on the butt.
- 1999, Linda Howard, Geralyn Dawson, & Miranda Jarrett, Under The Boardwalk, →ISBN:
- The trout slap had given him the idea of how to go about getting what he wanted from Hannah Mayfield.
- 2001 February 2, Dan Fournier, alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Usenet:
- You need a good trout slap mister :)
- 2008, Business Review Weekly: BRW - Volume 30, Issues 9-12, page 139:
- Stocks enjoyed a fist pound ahead of the long weekend, on hopes that giving Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac a trout slap in the mortgage market would throw TWO leprechauns at the credit crunch that sucker punched Bear Stearns.