Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not fitted with a bridle.
- an unbridled horse
- (by extension) Without restraint or limit.
- She jumped into the project with unbridled enthusiasm.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: A[ndrew] Millar […], OCLC 928184292:
- The doctor now interposed, and prevented the effects of a wrath which was kindling between Jones and Thwackum; after which the former gave a loose to mirth, sang two or three amorous songs, and fell into every frantic disorder which unbridled joy is apt to inspire […]
- 2005, Sean Dooley, The Big Twitch, Sydney: Allen and Unwin, page 131:
- His contempt was totally unbridled, as though my goal was a personal affront to him and all humanity.
not fitted with a bridle
without restraint or limit
- simple past tense of