Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not fitted with a bridle.
- an unbridled horse
- (by extension) Without restraint or limit.
- She jumped into the project with unbridled enthusiasm.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling. In Six Volumes, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: Printed by A[ndrew] Millar, […], OCLC 928184292:
- The doctor now interposed, and prevented the effects of a wrath which was kindling between Jones and Thwackum; after which the former gave a loose to mirth, sang two or three amorous songs, and fell into every frantic disorder which unbridled joy is apt to inspire […]
not fitted with a bridle
without restraint or limit
- simple past tense of