- Rhymes: -ɪvəl
- Not civilized; savage; barbarous; uncivilized.
- Not civil; discourteous; impolite
- uncivil behavior
- 2007, The Times, 24 Dec 2007:
- John Terry and Frank Lampard would not have reacted as the Nigerian did to the (admittedly X-rated) challenge that led to the Liverpool forward being sent off in last week’s Carling Cup quarter-final against Chelsea. All very dangerous, all very uncivil.
- 2008, New York Times, 4 Feb 2008:
- But since you probably weren’t there, and be thankful for that, here is a quick primer on local, uncivil civics so that you might appreciate the recent political clamor in this part of eastern Tennessee.
- See also Wikisaurus:impolite