Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To unwind or untwist (something).
- Can you help me uncoil this rope?
- 1887, Harriet W. Daly, Digging, Squatting, and Pioneering Life in the Northern Territory of South Australia, page 174:
- I was walking up and down, putting her to sleep one evening, when I found myself treading on something most repulsively soft; and as I did so, the reptile uncoiled itself and quietly glided off the verandah.
- (intransitive) To unwind or untwist oneself.
- The snake uncoiled and prepared to strike.
unwind or untwist (something)
unwind or untwist (oneself)