- (transitive) To separate (something that is wound up)
- (transitive, obsolete) To disentangle
- (intransitive, slang) To relax; to chill out; to rest and relieve of stress
- After work, I like to unwind by smoking a pipe while reading the paper.
- (intransitive) To be or become unwound; to be capable of being unwound or untwisted.
- (transitive, finance) To undo something.
To wind off
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.