Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not safe (various senses); dangerous.
- 2015 October, Luis Mastrangelo et al., “Use at your own risk: the Java unsafe API in the wild”, in ACM SIGPLAN Notices, volume 50, number 10, DOI:10.1145/10.1145/2858965.2814313:
- For much the same reasons that safe languages are preferred over unsafe languages, these powerful---but unsafe---capabilities in Java should be restricted.
- 2020 May 20, Richard Clinnick, “Network News: More trains... but advice is not to use public transport”, in Rail, pages 7-8:
- "RMT has made it clear that our members have a right to refuse to work in unsafe conditions, and the union will be closely monitoring the situation. [...]"
- (not held or fixed securely and likely to fall over): precarious, rickety, shaky, tottering, unsteady, unstable, wobbly