Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (Mid-Atlantic) (file)
- Not welcome.
- Antonym: welcome
- 2023 April 5, Philip Haigh, “Comment: Pay deal a positive result”, in RAIL, number 980, page 3:
- For companies such as Trans Pennine Express, it will be even harder. It has the unwelcome claim to being Britain's worst train operator, with recent statistics from the Office of Rail and Road showing it cancelled nearly a quarter of its services in February, with lack of available train crew a real problem.
- (transitive, rare) To treat as unwelcome.
- 1992, Selections from National Press, page 92:
- Devils and angels stood side by side on one platform to unwelcome him.
- 2013, Amber Lim, Different Worlds, page 303:
- 'You could've said so if you're unwelcoming us. We could've just leave[sic]!' I ranted and walked back into the room, away from the balcony.