uttering (plural utterings)
- An utterance; something spoken.
- (law) The crime of knowingly presenting forged documentation.
- The girl using a fake ID to enter a bar was guilty of uttering.
- 1881, Ephraim Arnold Jacob, Robert Alexander Fisher. An Analytical Digest of the Law and Practice of the Courts of Common Law
- If two jointly prepare counterfeit coin, and utter it in different shops apart from each other, but in concert, and intending to share the proceeds, the utterings of each are the joint utterings of both, and they may be convicted jointly.