Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- vapory (US)
- Resembling or characteristic of vapour.
- 1869, Lewis Carroll, Phantasmagoria, Canto I 
- And still he seemed to grow more white, / More vapoury, and wavier— / Seen in the dim and flickering light, / As he proceeded to recite / His “Maxims of Behaviour.”
- 1921, Lafcadio Hearn, "Karma" in Karma and Other Stories and Essays, London: George G. Harrap & Co., p. 40, 
- And those white shapes enfolding her were surely never bridal veils, but vapoury wings that rose above her golden head, and swept down curving to her feet.
- See also quotations under vapory.
- 1869, Lewis Carroll, Phantasmagoria, Canto I