Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having an aspect of great depth, drawing the eye to look downwards.
- Inducing a feeling of giddiness, vertigo, dizziness or of whirling.
- Pertaining to vertigo (in all its meanings).
- Revolving; rotating; rotatory.
Having an aspect of great depth
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Oxford English Dictionary, second edition, 1989