Jump to navigation Jump to search
viewshed (plural viewsheds)
- (geography) The view from a particular vantage point.
- 1989, Stanley Aronoff, Geographic Information Systems:
- The viewshed is the area that can be "seen" (ie is in direct line-of-sight) from the specified target locations.
- 1999, Bruce M Gittings, Integrating Information Infrastructures with Geographical Information:
- Whilst the viewshed quantifies visibility for a limited set of test locations...
- 2000, Matthew Schmidt, Radiocarbon Dating New Zealand Prehistory Using Marine Shell
- The major shortcoming of viewshed analysis is the accuracy of the results.