Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A place or position affording a good view.
- The hill provided the troops an excellent vantage point to scout for the enemy.
- 2018 October 12, Daniel Taylor, “Marcus Rashford fluffs his lines in England’s eerie draw with Croatia”, in The Guardian (London):
- The chants drifting down from the hillside came from a position among the trees from where half the pitch could be seen. That apart, however, the only other vantage point came from the balconies of high-rise flats next door.
- A point of view; perspective; outlook; standpoint.
- It may be difficult for us to understand the motivations of these people from our 21st century vantage point.
- (photography) A camera angle.
place or position affording a good view
point of view — see point of view
camera angle — see camera angle