outlook (plural outlooks)
- A place from which something can be viewed.
- Perched on the edge of the cliff was a hidden outlook.
- The view from such a place.
- An attitude or point of view.
- He has a positive outlook on life.
- Expectation for the future.
- The outlook for temperature rises is worrying.
- (place from which something can be viewed): overlook
- (view from such a place):
- (attitude, point of view): attitude, opinion, point of view, viewpoint
- (expectation for the future): expectation, prognosis, prospect
place from which something can be viewed
view from such a place
attitude, point of view
expectation for the future
- (transitive) To face down; to outstare.
- To outlook conquest, and to win renown.
- To inspect throughly; to select.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Cotton to this entry?)