Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
outfit (plural outfits)
- A set of clothing (with accessories).
- She wore a fashionable outfit with matching purse and shoes.
- Gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose.
- Any cohesive group of people; a unit; such as a military company.
- (informal) A business or firm.
- Should we buy it here, or do you think the outfit across town will have a better deal?
- (sports) A sports team.
2011 October 20, Jamie Lillywhite, “Tottenham 1 - 0 Rubin Kazan”, in BBC Sport:
- With only two fit centre-backs available, Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp employed young midfielder Jake Livermore at the back alongside Sebastien Bassong but Spurs struggled against a seasoned Champions League outfit, who beat Barcelona at the Nou Camp in 2009-10 and continually worked their way between the home defence to create some golden opportunities.
- (statistics) An outlier-sensitive fit.
- (statistics): infit
set of clothing
gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
cohesive group of people; a unit
business or firm
- (transitive) To provide with, usually for a specific purpose.
- "The expedition was outfitted with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"
- “outfit” in Hrvatski jezični portal
outfit m (plural outfits)
- outfit (clothing)