- The quality of being visual.
- 1840, Thomas Carlyle, Heroes and Hero Worship:
- Not the general whole only; every compartment of it is worked out, with intense earnestness, into truth, into clear visuality.
- 1912, Frederic Stewart Isham, A Man and His Money:
- The scope of his mental visuality no longer included the figure of the agent from the private detective bureau.
- 2008 November 23, Kevin Kelly, “Becoming Screen Literate”, in New York Times:
- We are now in the middle of a second Gutenberg shift — from book fluency to screen fluency, from literacy to visuality.