Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Asturian
- 3 Catalan
- 4 Galician
- 5 Portuguese
- 6 Spanish
- visuall (obsolete, rare)
- Related to or affecting the vision.
2013 May-June, William E. Conner, “An Acoustic Arms Race”, in American Scientist, volume 101, number 3, page 206-7:
- Earless ghost swift moths become “invisible” to echolocating bats by forming mating clusters close […] above vegetation and effectively blending into the clutter of echoes that the bat receives from the leaves and stems around them. Many insects probably use this strategy, which is a close analogy to crypsis in the visible world—camouflage and other methods for blending into one’s visual background.
- (obsolete) That can be seen; visible.
visual (plural visuals)
- Any element of something that depends on sight.
- An image; a picture; a graphic.
- (in the plural) All the visual elements of a multi-media presentation or entertainment, usually in contrast with normal text or audio.
- (advertising) A preliminary sketch.
- visual in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “visual”, in The Century Dictionary, New York: The Century Co., 1911
visual m, f (masculine and feminine plural visuals)
visual m, f (plural visuais)
visual m, f (plural visuales)