Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1682: A. Marsh, The Ten Pleasures of Marriage and The Confession of the New-married Couple
- Yet howsoever though this is true, nevertheless I must furnish the delicate stomackt Ladies with some sort of weapons, that they may be in a posture of defending themselves against their vituperous enemies.
- 1905: Charles Klein, The Lion and The Mouse, Chapter III
- (...) their drivers vociferating torrents of vituperous abuse on every man, woman or beast unfortunate enough to get in their way.
- vituperous at OneLook Dictionary Search