Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (South Africa) get lost! go away! An exclamation of dismissal or rejection.
- 1996, Drum: A Magazine of Africa for Africa, page 17:
- One house owner was upset when he realised the potential buyer was a black man and hurled insults at him. "He called me a kaffir and other insulting names," Arthur says with a laugh. "As we left he screamed at us to 'voetsek'. I thought it was funny enough to make a good song."
- 2013, Radmer Lenasch, Paper Samurai, page 149:
- At that moment, I heard a cry from behind the tightening ring. “Hey! Voetsek you skelems!” The young ruffians parted to reveal the old Zulu man.
go away — see go away
get lost — see get lost
- “voetsek” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.
- “voetsek” in the Collins English Dictionary