Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: volcànic
volcanic (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to a volcano or volcanoes
- volcanic heat
- volcanic activity
- Produced by a volcano, or, more generally, by igneous agencies
- Changed or affected by the heat of a volcano.
- (figuratively) Reminiscent of a volcano; explosive, violent, full of suppressed anger, energy etc.
- 2009, Diarmaid MacCulloch, A History of Christianity, Penguin, published 2010, page 556:
- With that the system was complete, and ready to have its disastrous effect on Martin Luther's volcanic temper.
- volcanic ash
- volcanic bomb
- volcanic glass
- volcanic neck
- volcanic sulfur
- volcanic sulphur
- volcanic wind
- volcanic winter
of or pertaining to a volcano
produced by a volcano
changed or affected by the heat of a volcano
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
volcanic (plural volcanics)
- A volcanic rock.
- The Ellesmere Island Volcanics are a Late Cretaceous volcanic group of volcanoes and lava flows in the Qikiqtaaluk Region of northern Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, Canada.