Jump to navigation Jump to search
- IPA(key): /ˌvʌln(ə)ɹəˈbɪlɪti/
Audio (US) (file)
- (proscribed) IPA(key): /ˌvʌn(ə)ɹəˈbɪlɪti/
- Rhymes: -ɪlɪti
- Hyphenation: vul‧ner‧a‧bil‧i‧ty
- (uncountable) The state of being vulnerable; susceptibility to attack or injury, either physical or emotional; the state or condition of being weak or poorly defended.
- The country recognized their defence vulnerability after an airplane landed in front of the central square without any consequences.
- 2019, Bridget Sweet, Thinking Outside the Voice Box, page 71:
- Again, voice change is not easy and vulnerability plays a big part, but if choral teachers and adolescent singers approach it with the right mindframe, the experience can be empowering, enlightening, and restorative for all involved.
- (countable) A specific weakness in the protections or defences surrounding someone or something.
- (computing) A weakness which allows an attacker to reduce a system's security.
state of being vulnerable
computing: type of weakness
security vulnerability — see hole
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.