Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A room in some public place for people to wait.
- Hyponyms: ladies' room, women's room (for women, historical), gentlemen's room (for men, historical)
- 1817, Henry Horne, Elements of criticism:
- In the third place, by its situation it serves only for a waiting-room, and a passage to the principal apartments, instead of being reserved, as it ought to be, for entertaining company […]
- 2020 March 25, “Network News: Step-free access introduced at four Transport for London stations”, in Rail, page 18:
- At Hanwell, two lifts have been installed along with a refurbished ticket office with accessible window. A new waiting room is being installed on Platform 2, while the one on Platform 3 is being refurbished.