Jump to navigation Jump to search
warping (plural warpings)
- An action or motion that warps or twists.
- (geology) the deformation of the Earth's crust over a large area
- The art or occupation of preparing warp or webs for the weaver.
- 1822, Alexander Peddie, The Linen Manufacturer, Weaver, and Warper's Assistant:
- In the more rude state of the art of Weaving , it was the uniform practice in warping, to fix pins in two upright posts at a certain distance from each other, and a number of small pins upon the posts about nine inches distant from each pin
- The practice of flooding agricultural land with turbid river water to add sediment to the soil.
- Alternative form of