Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: WASPy
Audio (AU) (file)
- Resembling or characteristic of a wasp; wasplike.
- 2001, Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark:
- I'm blond and blue-eyed and twenty-five, and my legs are strong and my bosom is substantial, and I have a waspy waistline.
- Infested with wasps.
- a waspy apple
- Waspish; irascible.
- (slang) Like a wasp (white Anglo-Saxon Protestant), a member of the dominant American upper-class culture.
- 2007 June 17, Allen Salkin, “Manny and the Socialites: Let’s Roll”, in New York Times:
- “I wasn’t asking the traditional waspy preppy types.
- 2017, Geneviève Zubrzycki, National Matters: Materiality, Culture, and Nationalism
- At a glance, Thor Steinar resembles waspy American pseudo-collegiate brands like Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, and Aeropostale, while displaying a distinctly Nordic aesthetics.