Jump to navigation Jump to search
- whitenesse (obsolete)
- The state or quality of being white (all senses).
- 1666, Robert Boyle, Origin of Forms and Qualities according to the Corpuscular Philosophy:
- [Snow] may […] exchange its whiteness for yellowness, without losing its right to be called snow; […]
- (sociology) The quality of being white (in the racial sense).
- 2013, Shelley M. Park, Mothering Queerly, Queering Motherhood, page 42:
- As a white body, I have not had to face my whiteness; insofar as the world is oriented around whiteness, I rarely have to turn my attention back onto myself, as do the black and brown bodies that are “stopped” or “held up” for being out of place […]
- For more quotations using this term, see Citations:whiteness.
state of being white