Jump to navigation Jump to search
- enPR: wĭshʹĭng, IPA(key): /ˈwɪʃɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -ɪʃɪŋ
- Homophone: whishing (in accents with the wine-whine merger)
- Hyphenation: wish‧ing
Audio (US) (file)
wishing (plural wishings)
- The act of making a wish.
- 1852, Chambers's Papers for the People, volumes 9-10, page 167:
- Discourse there was none; only exclamations and interjections, and wishings, wishings, wishings that Bessy were but his own for ever — his dear, dear little wife, as assuredly one day she should be!