Jump to navigation Jump to search
wordoid (plural wordoids)
- A fabricated word coined to identify a new concept.
- 2006, David Sims, in First Coffee for St. Valentine's Day, 2006 
- Well, I guess there's a new wordoid we all have to endure: infotainment.
- 2006, James A. Stewart, in Laurel And Hardy movie review 
- As Leonard Maltin notes in commentary, a more modern character appropriated that little wordoid.
- 2005, Pyramus, in Little or Nothing 
- I can't get away from the word, or wordoid, "miniscule".
- 2003, Daniel J. Stern, in rec.autos.tech 
- "Gage", like "flammable", is a fabricated wordoid created on the assumption, not entirely without merit, that people are too stupid to read, understand and pronounce the properly-spelled word ("inflammable", in the latter case).
- 2003, Eirik Johnson, in A New Twist on Noise 
- Meantime, virii is a perfectly good wordoid, that's right, wordoid. It isn't a word, it just resembles one closely enough that nobody cares!
- 2006, David Sims, in First Coffee for St. Valentine's Day, 2006