Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The conception and description of a fictional world that is the setting of a work of fiction, particularly in fantasy and science fiction.
- 2013 February 8, Charlie Jane Anders, “7 Deadly Sins of Worldbuilding”, in io9:
- The purpose of worldbuilding isn't just to do a cool exercise, but to give a sense of place — and all of your thought experiments absolutely have to result in something vivid and alive.
- (obsolete) Scientific research into the creation of the Earth and its geological features.
- (obsolete) The world of imagination of novelists, poets, etc.
act or process of building of a fictional world
- “What is 'World-Building'? And how do you spell it?”, in Merriam-Webster, 2016