Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (of a surface) Uneven, with many furrows and prominent points, often in reference to the skin or hide of animals.
- Synonyms: bewrinkled, rugose, wrinkly; see also Thesaurus:wrinkled
- Antonym: unwrinkled
- As the ocean receded from the beach it left the sand appearing wrinkled.
- 1891, Oscar Wilde, chapter XX, in The Picture of Dorian Gray, London, New York, N.Y., Melbourne, Vic.: Ward Lock & Co., →OCLC, page 334:
- Lying on the floor was a dead man, in evening dress, with a knife in his heart. He was withered, wrinkled, and loathsome of visage. It was not till they had examined the rings that they recognized who it was.
having many wrinkles