Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternative spelling of : called, named
- 1687, Aphra Behn, “The Emperor of the Moon”, in The Works of Aphra Behn, Vol. III:
- Upon a winged Horse, ycleped Pegasus, Swift as the fiery Racers of the Sun,--I fly--I fly--See how I mount, and cut the liquid Sky.
- 1820, Dawson Turner, Account of a Tour in Normandy, Vol. I. (of 2):
- The event is described in the metrical history of Rouen, composed by a minstrel ycleped Poirier, the limper.
- 1863, Frances Anne Kemble, Journal of a Residence on a Georgian Plantation:
- The damsel, ycleped Louisa, made rather a shame-faced obeisance, and her old grandmother went on to inform me that she had only lately been forgiven by the overseer for an attempt to run away from the plantation.