Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (idiomatic, colloquial, chiefly Canada, US, Australia, New Zealand) You (plural).
- Hey you gals! How you doin'?
- You gals headin' down to the beach?
- See you guys and its usage notes.
- This expression is most often used to address a group which the speaker knows is composed entirely of women or girls.
- Most often, the term you guys is used in place of this word, applying to groups of men, groups of women, and groups men/women.
- Unlike y'all or the French vous, you gals is typically said only once in an utterance, after which you is used. For example:
- I'm going to be on the outside baseball diamond at noon if you gals want to practice. You should bring some water because it's going to be hot.
- see the list of other second-person pronouns in you