Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Archaic spelling of iron.
- 1591, Edmund Spenser, The Poetical Works of Edmund Spenser, Volume 5:
- The seven-fold yron gates of grislie Hell, And horrid house of sad Proserpina, They able are with power of mightie spell To breake, and thence the soules to bring awaie Out of dread darkenesse to eternall day, And them immortall make which els would die In foule forgetfulnesse, and nameles lie.
- 1600, Richard Hakluyt, The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoueries of the English Nation:
- And I went on bourd into one of them, wherein I could not finde any yron at all […] .