- (slang) The condition of being a yuppie.
- 1989 January 16, Ruth Gilbert, “Hot Line: The tops in town this week”, in New York Magazine, page 25:
- Richard Greenberg's witty, sometimes insightful look at the perils of yuppiedom is now at Broadway's Golden Theatre.
- 2009 August 7, Ronnie Scheib, “Filmmaker takes a personal spin”, in The Courier-Journal:
- Where Wes Anderson invites his audience to share in the absurdity of inherited wealth and Whit Stillman aestheticizes yuppiedom, Rogers agonizes over his upper-crust circumstances.
- 2009 August 21, Ginia Bellafante, “A Series That Shows Its Age”, in New York Times:
- […] the culture of yuppiedom […] seemed threatened with dissolution.