Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: zebra fish
zebrafish (plural zebrafishes or zebrafish)
- A small striped fish of species Danio rerio, originally from India but now common as an aquarium fish and as a subject of genetic experiments.
- Synonym: zebra danio
- 2002, Lilianna Solnica-Krezel, Pattern Formation in Zebrafish:
- Use of the GAL4-UAS technique for targeted gene expression in the zebrafish.
- A member of certain species of Percina (logperch).
- Certain venomous lionfish, of genus Pterois.
- (Percina): rough-belly darters