Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) A postal code, especially for addresses served by the US Postal Service, consisting of a five- or nine-figure number.
- 2009, Judy Root Aulette; Judith G. Wittner; Kristin Blakely, Gendered Worlds, Oxford University Press, →ISBN, page 351:
- 90210 was a television show popular in the 1990s about a group of high school students and their families who all lived in the zip code 90210 in Beverly Hills, California, an affluent suburb of Los Angeles.
- (US, by extension) Any postal code.
- (sports, by extension) A grouping of athletes or teams with similar skill level.
- Wallace and Brewer are almost certain to finish 1-2 in some order – no one else is even in the same zip code.
US postal code
postcode — see postcode
- (transitive) To provide with, or allocate to, a zip code.