Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: postal code
postcode (plural postcodes)
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand) A sequence of letters and numbers added to a postal address to aid the sorting and delivery of post / mail.
- (by extension) The region denoted by a postcode.
- 2007 July 3, Polly Toynbee, “If Chelsea were under water, it would be taken seriously”, in The Guardian:
- The Environment Agency says it is mainly the most deprived postcodes that are the most flood-prone.
sequence of letters and/or numbers added to a postal address
- (Britain) To give a postcode to; to mark with a postcode.