Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
zippo (not comparable)
- (slang) None whatsoever
- 2007, January 14, “G. Pascal Zachary”, in Out of Africa: Cotton and Cash:
- “The whole situation is magnificent news, especially when the problem has been zippo investment by large corporations in Africa,” says Robert H. Bates […] .
Popular slang among American soldiers in the Vietnam War; from the Zippo brand of lighter.
- (slang) To light on fire.
- 2012, Tom Knox, The Lost Goddess:
- The youth climbed off, Zippoed a wick in a glass bottle and walked towards Jake's flat.
- 2009, Nigel Cawthorne, Vietnam:
- Once the last villagers had left Ben Suc, the buildings were doused with petrol and zippoed.
- 1987, Reuben Noel, Nancy Noel, Saigon for a song:
- I didn't want to burn 'em out, but that's policy. So we zippoed their hooch.