Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Unicode name||GREEK SMALL LETTER ETA|
- (physics) the metric tensor in Quantum Field Theory.
- (chemistry, physics) the coefficient of viscosity
η • (i) f sg
- (definite) nominative feminine singular of (the)
The definite article
- Lower-case eta, the eighth letter of the ancient Greek alphabet. Its name was ἦτα and it represented a long open-mid front unrounded vowel: IPA(key): /ɛː/. It is preceded by ζ and followed by θ.
- Lower-case eta, the seventh letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Its name is ήτα and it represents a close front unrounded vowel: IPA(key): /i/. It is preceded by ζ and followed by θ.