Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- nominative neuter singular of
- accusative masculine singular of
- accusative neuter singular of
- vocative neuter singular of
From Proto-Indo-European *-tlom, from *-trom. Compare stabulum, which comes from a similar suffix *-dʰlom. Despite the resemblance, osculum (which besides is never found in the form **osclum) and other diminutive nouns do not use this suffix.
- suffix used to form some nouns derived from verbs
- Philip Baldi, The Foundations of Latin, 2002, pp. 304-305.