-itia f (genitive -itiae); first declension
- -ness, -ity; Used to form nouns describing the condition of being something.
The suffix -itia is added to an adjective (or rarely a noun) to form an abstract first declension noun describing the condition of being something.
- dūritia (“hardness”), from dūrus (“hard”)
- laetitiā (“happiness”), from laetus (“happy”)
- trīstitia (“sadness”), from trīstis (“sad”)
- Occitan: -esa, -ícia
- Portuguese: -eza, -iça, -ice
- Romanian: -eață, -ețe, -iție
- Sardinian: -itta
- Sicilian: -izza, -ezze, -ezzi, -izzia
- Spanish: -eza, -icia, -ez
- Venetian: -esa, -eça, -isia, -içia