Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also phobia
- IPA: /ˌfəʊbi.ə/ (Primary stress will usually be in the word that is affixed.)
- Used to form nouns meaning fear of a specific thing.
- e.g. claustrophobia
- Used to form nouns meaning hate, born out of fear, directed towards a particular type of person.
- e.g. homophobia
- Controversially used to form nouns meaning political or religious organizations or viewpoints concerned with limiting or restraining a specific thing or idea.
- e.g. erotophobia
Related terms 
Derived terms 
- See Category:Phobias.
used to form nouns meaning fear
used to form nouns meaning hate
used to form nouns concerned with limiting a specific thing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.