Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: goliath
- A giant who, according to the Bible, was vanquished in battle with King David.
- (figuratively) Any large person or thing; someone or something that is abnormally large or powerful.
- That Goliath is so big and strong, the little man will never stand a chance against him if he on his wrong side.
- 1969, Iceberg Slim, Pimp: The Story of My Life (Holloway House Publishing)
- I was glad I hadn't stacked that sling-shot switch blade in my pocket against that thirty-eight magnum stuck beneath Goliath's belt.
- A male given name
Goliath m (genitive Goliaths)
- Goliath (biblical character)