Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Appendix:Variations of "im"
Alternative forms 
See also 
- Initialism of intramuscular.
IM (plural IMs)
- Initialism of idea management.
- The paper discusses the development of a performance measurement methodology for Idea Management (IM), i.e., a system that supports nonprofessional innovation as a way to the continuous improvement of organisations.
- (Internet) Initialism of instant message.
- I never got your IM last night.
IM (past tense IM'd)
- Initialism of to instant message. (typically sent/received by cell phone, PDA, or computer)
- IM me when you get home.
- ^ www.inderscience.com