Hi there. When adding a Catalan section to an existing entry, please make sure that the languages are in the correct order:- English first, then other languages in alphabetical order. See call. SemperBlotto (talk) 11:46, 5 December 2013 (UTC)
p.s. You might as well have our standard welcome links.
Hello, welcome to Wiktionary, and thank you for your contributions so far.
If you are unfamiliar with wiki editing, take a look at Help:How to edit a page. It is a concise list of technical guidelines to the wiki format we use here: how to, for example, make text boldfaced or create hyperlinks. Feel free to practice in the sandbox. If you would like a slower introduction we have a short tutorial.
These links may help you familiarize yourself with Wiktionary:
- Entry layout explained (ELE) is a detailed policy documenting how Wiktionary pages should be formatted. All entries should conform to this standard. The easiest way to start off is to copy the contents of an existing page for a similar word, and then adapt it to fit the entry you are creating.
- Our Criteria for inclusion (CFI) define exactly which words can be added to Wiktionary, though it may be a bit technical and longwinded. The most important part is that Wiktionary only accepts words that have been in somewhat widespread use over the course of at least a year, and citations that demonstrate usage can be asked for when there is doubt.
- If you already have some experience with editing our sister project Wikipedia, then you may find our guide for Wikipedia users useful.
- The FAQ aims to answer most of your remaining questions, and there are several help pages that you can browse for more information.
- A glossary of our technical jargon, and some hints for dealing with the more common communication issues.
- If you have anything to ask about or suggest, we have several discussion rooms. Feel free to ask any other editors in person if you have any problems or question, by posting a message on their talk page.
You are encouraged to add a BabelBox to your userpage. This shows which languages you know, so other editors know which languages you'll be working on, and what they can ask you for help with.
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a Wiktionarian! If you have any questions, bring them to the Wiktionary:Information desk, or ask me on my talk page. If you do so, please sign your posts with four tildes: ~~~~ which automatically produces your username and the current date and time.
Hi, moltes gràcies per ajudar-nos amb les entrades en català! We have a rather strict format for entries, which is detailed at WT:ELE. This was given in the welcome message above but I'm making sure you know about it, in case you missed it. Some of the entries you have created don't fit the entry format that we require. For example, your entry cornut did not have a headword template, which I added. llivell has the "Alternative forms" header in the wrong place. I've tried to fix your past entries, I hope I didn't miss any. Could you try following the layout more strictly from now on? Gràcies i benvingut/da! —CodeCat 01:49, 7 December 2013 (UTC)