- The Western world; the regions, primarily situated in the Western Hemisphere, whose culture is derived from Europe.
- (historical) the Western Bloc (the noncommunist countries of Europe and America)
- (US) The Western United States in the 19th century era of terrestrial expansion; the Wild West.
- The western states of the United States.
- The European Union; a Western Region that is primarily an economic and political Bloc that covers 28 member states.
- Regions or countries lying to the west of a specified or implied point of orientation.
- The western part of any region.
- The one of four positions at 90-degree intervals that lies to the west or at the left of a diagram.
- A person (as a bridge player) occupying this position during a specified activity.
- west (compass point)
This German entry was created from the translations listed at west. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see West in the German Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008