Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Athenian historian and philosopher born 427 BCE and author of the Anabasis and Memorabilia. He was a pupil of Socrates and became a general during the Persian wars.
historian and philosopher
- Xenophon (a celebrated Greek historian and philosopher, born 445 B.C., a pupil of Socrates and a leader of the Greeks in the army of Cyrus the younger)
- Xĕnŏphon in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879
- “Xĕnŏphōn” on page 1,699/2 of Félix Gaffiot’s Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette (1934)
- “Xenophōn” on page 2,124/2 of the Oxford Latin Dictionary (1st ed., 1968–82)