Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (US) IPA: /ˈæn.ə.meɪ.tɪd/ or /-tɛd/
- Endowed with life; full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous.
- an animated discussion
- 1898, Winston Churchill, chapter 8, The Celebrity:
- The humor of my proposition appealed more strongly to Miss Trevor than I had looked for, and from that time forward she became her old self again; […] . Our table in the dining-room became again the abode of scintillating wit and caustic repartee, Farrar bracing up to his old standard, and the demand for seats in the vicinity rose to an animated competition.
- See also Wikisaurus:animated
endowed with life
- Simple past tense and past participle of animate.