Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) An attractive, seemingly romantic companion who accompanies a person in public simply so that one or both of the individuals can gain attention, enhance social status, or create an impression of sexual appeal.
- 1992, Marcia Froelke Coburn, “Marilyn’s enduring appeal”, Chicago Tribune, August 21, 1992.
- 2003, Jeffrey Ressner, "Shot on Location," Time, 17 Feb.:
- Friends described her as always ready to serve as "arm candy"—that is, a pretty date—to industry players, in hopes of landing a role.
Related terms 
See also 
- arm candy, Word Spy
- arm candy at OneLook Dictionary Search