Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
arrival (plural arrivals)
- The act of arriving or something that has arrived.
- The early arrival of the bride created a stir.
- The attainment of an objective, especially as a result of effort.
- The arrival of the railway made the local tourist industry viable.
- 2013 July 20, “Out of the gloom”, The Economist, volume 408, number 8845:
- [Rural solar plant] schemes are of little help to industry or other heavy users of electricity. Nor is solar power yet as cheap as the grid. For all that, the rapid arrival of electric light to Indian villages is long overdue. When the national grid suffers its next huge outage, as it did in July 2012 when hundreds of millions were left in the dark, look for specks of light in the villages.
act of arriving or something that has arrived
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked