at the wheel
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) Driving; in control of a vehicle.
- It is a shame, his first day driving and he falls asleep at the wheel.
- (idiomatic) In control of the situation; in charge.
- We were thriving when Bill was at the wheel, but since the new CEO has started things have been going south.
- (driving, in control of the vehicle): behind the wheel
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- French: au volant